If you are planning to pursue the PMI’s Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, the time to act is NOW
There are three notable reasons:
- The PMP exam is changing on July 1st, 2020, and the difficulty of the exam is projected to increase. According to the updated Examination Content Outline (click here to open the new ECO), the new exam has a completely new structure. Unlike the current organization of the PMP exam with the five performance domains of initiating, planning, executing, monitoring & controlling, and closing, there will now be three domains: people, process, and environment. But the more impactful change is the inclusion of agile in the PMP, likely up to 50% of the questions. In short, the content of PMP is not only changing, but changing for the bigger. This will make the exam significantly more difficult
- By PMO Advisory’s analysis, the change in July 1st is only the first wave. There is likely to be a second wave – the introduction of the PMBOK® Guide – 7th Edition in late 2021. Traditionally, there is a lag time between the PMBOK® Guide update and the exam change. That change is likely come in late 2021 or early 2022. For those who are preparing for the exam, this may be another significant shift. If past trends are any guide, then the new exam will contain even more content and hence be more difficult. .
- The cost of training for PMP is also likely to increase – significantly. PMI has announced that they are discontinuing the current PMI R.E.P. program (Registered Education Provider), and all R.E.P.s would need to re-apply. As a part of this change, PMI plans to centralize the content of PMP Preparation and charge a per user license fee. As you can imagine, this fee will be passed to trainees.
What should you do now? PMO Advisory, a PMI R.E.P. is offering at least three traditional classroom PMP bootcamps between now and June 2020. These are the upcoming sessions, and depending on demand, we will continue to add more courses if needed. We are also continuing our 50% discount off of our listed price, and the PMP course with Base Package is $799 for 30 days of support with additional support through June 30th, 2020 provided. Please mark these dates:
- New York City (Lower Manhattan): Feb 24 – 26, 2020
- Cedar Grove, NJ (Northern NJ): Mar 20-22, 2020
- New York City (Lower Manhattan): May 11– 13, 2020
- Cedar Grove, NJ (Northern NJ): Jun 12-14, 2020 <- This is for last minute preparation only.
Our methodology for 100%, first-time pass rate is rather simple: “Use our PMP Exam Simulator and achieve 80% in the Exam Mode twice within seven days and take the exam within a week.” Based on self-reported results from our participants, they all have successfully completed their PMP on their first try using our method above.
Our recommendation for those who are interested is to apply and book your exam NOW. We also offer application support services. For more information, please visit our webpage at www.pmoadvisory.com/pmp. To maximize your learning, we cap our courses to around 10 participants. We are expecting a heavy volume of interest, so please register early for these courses.