Released: July 2023
Theme: The Pulse of Progress: Key Updates and Milestones for Our Stakeholders
“The Pulse of Progress” embodies our unwavering commitment to stakeholder management. By providing key updates, sharing milestones, and encouraging engagement, we aim to foster a strong bond between our organization and our stakeholders. Together, we will chart a path towards success, driven by collaboration, transparency, and shared values. Join us on this exciting journey as we propel forward, celebrating achievements, addressing challenges, and making an enduring impact on the world around us. See the upcoming Power Up Your Productivity Series.
Sep 13, 20, & 27, 2023 | 6:00 – 10:00 US E.T.
Sept 25-26, 2023 at Essex Suites, New Jersey | 9AM to 5PM U.S. E.T.
New Read: Top 10 Considerations for Executives Undertaking Strategic Projects
Implementing strategic projects can be a challenging endeavor, with a success rate that often hovers around a mere 10 percent.
These projects are complex and can have long-term implications and complications, making it essential for executives to carefully navigate various obstacles and ensure the right approach is taken.
Before embarking on these challenging endeavors, executives should ask (and preferably answer) these questions:
- Start with why – Why are you doing this (versus something else)?
- Employ Strong Project Leadership – How much will the project leader “go to bat” to overcome obstacles?
- Understand stakeholder – Who are the key people involved? What are their interests? Are they supporters or blockers?
- Clarify scope – What are the desired outcomes? How much of that are essential versus stretch goals?
- Think big but act small – How to balance the larger perspective with specific actions and tradeoffs?
- Confront conflicts early – Are there major disagreements, of priorities, processes, and personalities?
- Instill strong governance – Are there hard decisions to be made? Is there politics?
- Determine the best approach – There are many ways to implement projects. Which one should you consider?
- Be realistic with resources – Is the resource provided sufficient?
- Give it all you got! – Prepare to fight the good fights and expect the unexpected.
Strategic projects are not for the faint of heart, but by considering these ten key factors before diving into execution, executives can enhance their chances of thriving.
STAY IN THE KNOW
SEE ALL THE UPCOMING SUMMITS THIS 2024
Power Up Your Productivity: Stakeholder Management
During this workshop, we will delve into the significance of stakeholder management in project success. It is crucial to recognize that all projects are ultimately carried out for people. Understanding their goals, interests, emotions, and conflicts at an early stage can greatly impact the project’s outcomes. After all, it is the “who” that defines the deliverables and outcomes of projects, and it is also the “who” that sponsors and funds the project work. This emphasizes the importance of effective stakeholder management as a vital first step in any project.
To facilitate a comprehensive understanding of stakeholder management, we have designed two engaging activities for the workshop:
- Identify and analyze stakeholders on a sample project: In this activity, we will provide a sample project scenario and guide participants through the process of identifying and analyzing stakeholders. Participants will learn techniques for stakeholder identification, such as stakeholder mapping or creating stakeholder profiles. By recognizing the various individuals and groups involved in the project, participants will gain insights into their roles, expectations, and potential impact on the project’s success.
- Plan engagement with key stakeholders: Building upon the stakeholder analysis, this activity will focus on planning effective engagement strategies with the identified key stakeholders. Participants will explore different approaches to engage stakeholders based on their specific needs, preferences, and influence on the project. They will learn how to tailor communication channels, frequency, and content to ensure meaningful and productive interactions. This activity aims to equip participants with practical tools and techniques to foster positive stakeholder relationships and facilitate project success.
Throughout the workshop, we will emphasize the importance of empathy, active listening, and open communication when engaging with stakeholders. By understanding their perspectives, concerns, and aspirations, participants will be better equipped to align project objectives with stakeholder expectations, manage conflicts, and cultivate productive collaborations.
The workshop seeks to provide participants with a solid foundation in stakeholder management, enabling them to effectively navigate the complex dynamics of project environments. By applying the knowledge gained and utilizing the provided tools, participants will be equipped to create stakeholder engagement plans that foster project success and stakeholder satisfaction.
Face to Face Classroom Courses
Portfolio Management Professional Bootcamp
- September 25-26, 2023
* The training site is located at 25 Pompton Ave, Suite 101, Verona, NJ 07044.
Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP) Live Virtual Course
Oct 6, 13, 20, 2023 (1 PM – 5 PM US ET) <- Live Virtual
Program Management Professional (PgMP)
Sept 13, 19 & 27, 2023 (1 PM – 5 PM US ET) <- Live Virtual
Nov 8, 15 & 22, 2023 (1 PM – 5 PM US ET) <- Live Virtual
Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) - Live Virtual
10/2, 10/4, 10/6, 10/9, 10/11, 10/13, 10/16, 10/18, 10/20, 2023 (7 – 10 pm ET)
Agile Certified Professional (PMI-ACP) – Live Virtual
Oct 5, 12, 19, 2023 (6-10 PM US ET)
Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP) – Live Virtual
Oct 3, 10, 17, 2023 (6 PM – 10 PM US E.T.)
About our CAPM Certification Course
CAPM certification is a valuable entry-level certification for project managers, established by the Project Management Institute, and displays a commitment to the profession of project management. It ensures that the certified individual has the fundamental knowledge of project management and its associated processes.
About our PfMP Certification Course
Portfolio management is commonly viewed as the apex of the project management professional ladder. Portfolio managers often plan mid- to upper-level leadership roles, working with business executives to influence and determine project investments. The PfMP certification provides the necessary credential and credibility to be at the same table with senior executives.
You can also join our dedicated group for Project Management Professionals here
Where do we contact for inquiries or questions?
To avoid being spammed, we highly recommend you to fill out this form and we will get in touch with you right away: https://www.pmoadvisory.com/about-pmo-advisory/contact-us/
Where can we further connect?
You can follow our LinkedIn Page for news and updates on our upcoming events and exclusive discounts. Follow our LinkedIn Page here: https://www.linkedin.com/company/pmoadvisory/