Consulting & Advisory of Project, Program, Portfolio Management
Every organization’s goal is to achieve consistent, standard, repeatable delivery execution, all while reducing internal costs and implementing more efficient processes. To realize this, professional and consulting services organizations need a strong, industry-proven project management capabilities coupled with the right management and governance structure to measure and monitor the project portfolio.
Addressing these challenges requires you to answer the following questions:
- Is your approach to project management standardized, widely adopted and uniformly applied?
- Do project managers and others have the skills and training required to perform their jobs efficiently and effectively?
- Are you using the optimum processes and tools to provide a ‘snapshot’ of the entire project portfolio on demand?
- Are the right controls and metrics defined and communicated by which all projects should be managed?
- Do we have a Project Management Organization, or PMO, that drives all of this?
Answering ‘no’ to any of the questions above gives us an opportunity to improve your project management execution. Inefficient project execution generally results in margin erosion and poor customer satisfaction. PMO Advisory can help you solve for these challenges.
PMO Advisory provides a number of services to assist you in improving the way your organization manages projects and governs the overall delivery portfolio.
Project & Portfolio Management Assessment
PMO Advisory will review the end-to-end management of your projects, from inception to close, both at the individual project execution level and from the portfolio governance perspective, to identify opportunities for improvement in process and data standardization, automation, and organizational behavior.
- The scope and effectiveness of your PMO, or the need to establish one
- Project management methodologies, practices and tools
- Project and portfolio measurement framework
- Project planning, scoping and change management practices
- Supporting tools and infrastructure
The results of an assessment will provide your organization with guidance and a prioritized set of recommendations to achieve measurable improvement to your project performance.
Project & Portfolio Management Optimization
Whether it is based on the needs identified in the assessment phase, or targeting a specific area of project management execution, PMO Advisory will lead or assist you in implementing best practices to drive more consistency and transparency with project management. Services for this include:
- Project Management Methodology Development and Standardization: PMO Advisory will help you develop or enhance the right approach for your project while adhering to industry standards (i.e. PMBOK) for execution.
- Project Management Office (PMO) Optimization: PMO Advisory will help you create the right PMO for your organization, or get more value and results from your existing PMO.
- PMO QuickStart: The effort to effectively and adequately redefine processes, implement automation, and change the behavior of the team for managing projects and portfolios takes time. Services leaders, however, often need results in weeks, not months. To address this, PMO Advisory has developed our PMO QuickStart which combines the assessment phase activities with targeted optimization recommendations to accelerate your speed-to-value.
Project Management Training
Project Managers continually look to enhance their project management skills and drive successful delivery. To address this need – and give PMPs continuing education credits – PMO Advisory has built the following project management curriculum:
- Project Management Fundamentals – Poor project execution is a leading driver of services margin erosion and poor customer satisfaction. Project Managers continually look to enhance their project management skills and drive successful delivery. Project Management Fundamentals is specialized PM training for the technology and software industries. The curriculum is designed to reinforce and improve good PM discipline and teach proven, practical aspects of sound project management to achieve breakthrough results and customer satisfaction. This is a one (1) day course. The training can be a classroom led or virtual interactive session with group discussion and individual exercises led by a qualified PMO Advisory instructor.
- Advanced Project Management Skills Development – A lot of time, money and effort is spent training project managers on methodologies. But do they really know how to: effectively engage with a client; manage scope creep; and effectively handle complaints and issues – the skills every project manager needs. The Advanced Project Management Skills Development training focuses on enhancing the soft skills of project managers to complement their methodology, business, and technical knowledge. The three (3) courses are modular and can be customized to meet your specific need and budget. Time commitment can range from one (1) hour for an individual course on-demand to one (1) day for all three courses combined with case studies. Delivery methods can be combined to suit the needs of the audience.