PMO Advisory, PMI® Registered Education Provider #4172 Presents
PMI-RMP® Certification Training Prep Course 2019
9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. on Monday June 3, Monday June 10, & Monday June 17
Our PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)® certification prep course is available everywhere in a live virtual online classroom through our innovative intelicamp format over the course of 3 consecutive Mondays. Click on intelicamp to learn how and why this course format optimizes your learning and ability to pass the PMI-RMP certification exam on the first try!
“Risk management is the discipline of managing known unknowns and unknown unknowns. This important function should be performed on all projects, but often professionals are unsure how to do so effectively. Risk Management is an essential component of planning and is vital to the execution of all projects, programs, and portfolios, whether small or large,” states Te Wu, CEO of PMO Advisory. “The central question becomes how can project professionals manage risks effectively, complete projects successfully, and deliver intended goals?”
The prime directive for project risk management is to minimize unknowns, more commonly called surprises. This is true whether the surprises are positive or negative, known or unknown. In today’s large scale, complex projects, risks occur frequently. When managed poorly, risks can endanger projects, often silently, until the threats materialize. The differences between good and great project managers often lie in their abilities to exploit positive risks (or opportunities) while minimizing negative risks (or threats).
At its core the word risk within project management refers to future conditions or circumstances that exist outside of the control of the project team that will have an adverse impact on the project if they occur. A proactive Project Manager tries to resolve potential problems before they occur and risk management is a proactive process that is invoked to attempt to manage these potential problems before they occur, and therefore increase the likelihood of success on the project. From the moment a project idea is conceived to the final steps of project closure, risk is an inherent characteristic of any project. This course takes participants through the risk management processes of planning for, identifying, analyzing, responding to, and monitoring risks throughout the life of the project. This course is consistent with the risk management processes and techniques in PMI® ’s A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide).
- Send us your email address to receive a coupon code
- To obtain this offer, register before May 15, 2019.
- This offer cannot be combined with any other offer.
- This offer is valid only for our PMI-RMP certification training course only.
Meet the Instructor for this PMI-RMP Certification Prep Course
Susan Parente, PMP, PMI-RMP, CISSP, CRISC, RESILIA, PMI-ACP, CSM, CSPO, PSM I, ITIL, MS Eng. Mgmt.
Susan Parente is a Principal Consultant at S3 Technologies, LLC an Instructor at University of Virginia, and an Adjunct Professor at Post University in CT and Montclair State University in NJ. She is an author, mentor and teacher focused on project and risk management. Her experience is augmented by her Masters in Engineering Management with a focus in Marketing of Technology from George Washington University, DC, along with a number of professional certifications. Ms. Parente has 20+ years’ experience leading software and business development projects in the private and public sectors, including over a decade of experience implementing IT projects for the DoD and Department of Commerce.
PMI-RMP Virtual Class Instructor-led LIVE Online - Base: $1,799
|Extended Support*||Purchased with Base**||Purchased Afterwards|
|Application Review: $150 (1st Review); $125 (Subsequent Review)|
|30 Days||Base - Included|
** Must be purchased at the same time as the Base Package
The Project Management Institute is best known for its PMP® credential, but PMI also offers the Risk Management Professional® certification for project risk, governance, and compliance professionals. This PMI-RMP certification recognizes the professional’s unique expertise and competency in assessing and identifying project risks, mitigating threats and capitalizing on opportunities, while still possessing a core knowledge and practical application in all areas of project management.
This course provides participants with a solid foundation to pass the PMI-RMP exam. During class, participants will be introduced to key project risk management concepts and practices with sample exam questions. Participants will also engage in relevant discussions focusing on project risk management topics and best practices to enhance the learning experience and prepare for the exam. To receive the PMI-RMP certification you must pass the PMI-RMP exam that focuses on the following domains:
- Domain 1: Risk Strategy and Planning
- Domain 2: Stakeholder Engagement
- Domain 3: Risk Process Facilitation
- Domain 4: Risk Monitoring and Reporting
- Domain 5: Perform Specialized Risk Analyses
Upon obtaining the PMI-RMP certification you will find yourself highly marketable for positions in Project Management for a variety of organizations, especially Fortune 500 organizations and government entities due to the complexity of the content covered in this level of risk management.
In this boot camp style course, you will receive a comprehensive introduction to project risk and cover the five primary PMI-RMP exam objectives.
- Risk and Strategy Planning – activities related to developing policies, processes, and procedures for risk assessment, planning, and response
- Stakeholder Engagement – activities related to promoting the understanding of project risk management for stakeholders and project team members, assessing stakeholder risk tolerance, prioritizing project risk, and promoting risk ownership
- Risk Process Facilitation – activities related to facilitating risk identification, evaluation, prioritization, and response among project team members
- Risk Monitoring and Reporting – activities related to monitoring risk, evaluating risk response against established metrics, and communicating risk response performance to stakeholders and project teams
- Perform Specialized Risk Activities – activities related to the specialized quantitative and qualitative tools and techniques used by project risk management professionals
- Tips, tricks and techniques for passing the PMI-RMP exam
Who will benefit from the course?
If you are looking to fill the risk management specialist role on your project team and if you are looking for a course that will add value to your PM skills and showcase your specialized expertise to employers, the PMI-RMP credential is for you.
- CEOs, CFOs, COOs, VPs, AVPs, GMs, DGMs
- Procurement Professionals, Information & Information Security Professionals, Project Management Professionals
- Team Leaders / Members, Field Staff Members, Design Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, Software Developers
- Quality & Testing Engineers, Sales & Marketing professionals
- Program Managers, Portfolio Managers, Project Engineers
- Venture Capitalists, Bankers, Financial Analysts, Accountants
- Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree, or the global equivalent)
- 4,500 hours of project risk management experience
- 40 hours of project risk management education
- Four-year degree (bachelor’s degree or the global equivalent)
- 3,000 hours of project risk management experience
- 30 hours of project risk management education
PMI-RMP Exam Information
- Duration of Exam : 3.5 Hours
- Number of Questions: 170 (Multiple Choice). Out of 170 questions, 20 questions are unscored pre-test questions.
- Passing score: PMI don’t give percentage instead there is a grade system (Proficient, Moderate Proficient and Below Proficient) only below Proficient is Fail
Exam Description & Objectives
|PMI-RMP Exam Blueprint (From the Examination Content Outline)|
|Domain||Percentage of Questions|
|Domain 1—Risk Strategy and Planning (5 tasks)||19-20%|
|Domain 2—Stakeholder Engagement (9 tasks)||19-20%|
|Domain 3—Risk Process Facilitation (7 tasks)||25-28%|
|Domain 4—Risk Monitoring and Reporting (7 tasks)||19-20%|
|Domain 5—Perform Specialized Risk Analyses (3 tasks)||14-16%|
Our Philosophy and Values
PMO Advisory is a PMI Registered Education Provider (R.E.P. #4172) and proud to be one the very few PMI registered firms able to offer PfMP®, PgMP®, PMP, and PMI-RMP Certification Training. We make tremendous effort to understand our clients, their needs and interest and align our products and services accordingly. Because we are a small firm we’re agile, responsive, and will adapt our training programs as your needs change with a speed larger firms just can’t match. We’re committed to getting individuals, small teams, and organizations professionally trained and transformed in line with set goals. You are guaranteed a positive client service experience which meets (and ideally exceeds) your expectations, this is our goal behind all of our business interactions. Specifically we promise to:
1. Focus on the benefit of the training as it relates to each customer’s individual needs.
2. Be responsible and accountable for each customer’s success.
3. Always act with integrity and dignity when dealing with customers, vendors and employees.
4. Always EXCEED the client’s expectations.
Te Wu, Founder & CEO