Program Management training is designed for experienced project and junior program managers, PMO managers and senior managers looking to acquire a firm grasp of specific steps in the Program Management process—or of the entire process from beginning to end. In addition, because this training teaches students how to apply International Program Management standards in the real world, it can be taken as additional prep for people looking to earn a Program Management Professional (PgMP®) Certification.
Programs are an umbrella structure that allows you to manage a group of projects in a way to gain greater benefit than what could be achieved from managing the projects separately. The program allows us the best of both worlds. The very large initiative is broken down into many smaller projects that are easier to manage. At the same time you provide management and guidance to all of the projects to ensure that the common objectives and common deliverables are completed successfully.
You will Learn To:
- Understand when to apply project, program and portfolio concepts based on the characteristics of the work
- Recognize different models for programs and which are most common
- Know the roles of program manager and project manager and the differences between them
- Validate the alignment of programs with the organization strategic plan
- Apply the critical concept of benefits management to ensure benefits are realized and sustained
- Ensure governance is applied in a program at both a project and program level
- Implement a Program Management Office (PgMO) to support critical programs in your organization
- Demonstrate your understanding of the comprehensive set of planning activates required on most programs
- Perform the required work to monitor and control the program including managing risks, issues, scope, schedule, budget and quality
- Effectively close a program