Summary: The application for PMI credentials, especially PgMP and PfMP is notoriously tricky for many reasons. This webinar demystifies the process, discusses some hints on how to best address the difficult questions, and provides how PMO Advisory has helped professionals successfully complete the application process.
Description: As professionals look ahead to grow their career and improve their prospect for jobs and promotions, one of the surer ways to proceed is to obtain globally recognized certifications. In the field of project management, Project Management Institute certifications, such as the PMP, are the “gold standard” in establishing credibility of the certificate holders. The most prominent of the PMI certifications is the Project Management Professional (PMP) credential. But there has been significant growth in the Program Management Professional (PgMP) and Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP) in recent years to further differentiate themselves from the crowded field of over 1 million PMPs. Yet, the application process has been a stumbling block for many people and for good reasons. PMI application can be tricky, and there are three primary reasons:
- The application process itself is not as straightforward as it appears. For example, many people are stuck in the audit process.
- The content of the application requires a solid understanding of the respective discipline and written in the words that PMI prefers. This can be challenging since the way in which professionals experienced project, program, or portfolio management can be rather different from the PMI’s way.
- There is a limitation on the number of words for the essays, constraining how you can properly convey your experience. This is especially important if individuals’ job titles do not exactly match the discipline.
This webinar is based on our experience of helping thousands of professionals over the years attaining their certification goals. Throughout the presentation, we will share stories of how to tackle some challenges. We also present a structured approach of completing the application through planning and finishing the application. At the end of the presentation, we will also briefly discuss PMO Advisory’s application review services.
- Interested in pursuing one of the PMI certifications. Even though this webinar mainly focuses on the PMP, PgMP, and PfMP, the lessons here apply to other certifications like PMI-ACP, PMI-RMP, PMI-SP, and PMI-PBA
- Have you been rejected by PMI and trying to figure out what to do next?
- Just curiously and learn what it takes to complete the application
Who Will Benefit? : This presentation is designed for a narrow range of participants, specifically those who are interested to pursue PMI certifications. Specifically:
- Project Managers
- Program Managers
- Portfolio Managers
- Risk Managers
- Agile Practitioners
- Instructors and Teachers who are promoting PMI certifications for their students, especially as a way of strengthening their credentials in this trying time.
Outcome: At the end of the presentation, participants will:
- Improve their understanding of the application process
- Prepare for the challenges of completing the applications, especially the project audit
- Enhance their chance of passing the certification application
Meet the Presenter
Dr. Te Wu (PMP, PgMP, PfMP, PMI-RMP)
Prof. Dr. Te Wu is the CEO of PMO Advisory and a professor at China Europe International Business School and Montclair State University. Te is certified in Portfolio, Program, Project, and Risk Management. He is an active volunteer including serving on PMI’s Portfolio Management and Risk Management Core Teams and other roles. He is also a U.S. delegate on the ISO Technical Committee 258 for Project, Program and Portfolio Management. As a practitioner, executive, teacher, writer, and speaker, Dr. Wu enjoys sharing his knowledge and experiences and networking with other professionals.