Supercharge Your Career in Project Management, from Entry-Level to Chief Project Officer
Wednesday, April 1, 2021, 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm EST
Summary: How often do you wonder about your career in project management? What should be the next step? Should you pursue a certification? How do you turbo charge you career? If you are ambitions and asking these questions, then this is for you. This presentation is designed for project professionals of all levels as it presents a comprehensive career map, a journey that starts from the entry-level, progresses through project-program-portfolio, and reaching for the elusive chief project officer.
Congratulations on being a project professional. As I am sure you already know, project management is an exciting place to be. Just think about the many positives: 1) Projects are rarely boring as they are often unique; 2) Projects have a lot of challenges to keep you on your toes; and naturally with every challenge, there are opportunities to build your skills and enhance your visibility; 3) And if you are certified, then I am sure you know heard about the compensation advantage. The advantage with certifications like the PMP is so well know that even CNN wrote an article about this a few years ago. Just Google the terms “poor man’s MBA” and you can find that article.
But as a project professional, chances are you are very busy with confronting the latest problems and tackling risks. How often have you sat back and wonder about your career in project management? What should be the next step? Should you pursue a certification? How do you turbo charge your career? If you are already asking about these questions, then this upcoming webinar is for you.
Why Attend?: This presentation is designed for all project professionals of all levels, and it strives to accomplish three goals:
- Highlight the challenges and opportunities in project management. In short, the performance of projects implementation today is still poor across many sectors. For example, PMI’s most recent study in its Pulse of Profession showed that 11.4% of all money spent on projects are wasted. But with every crisis, there comes exciting opportunities.
- Next, I will present a career roadmap that covers the broad spectrum of progression from the entry-level to the chief project officer. I will describe the key accountabilities and responsibilities and how professionals climb the career ladder. Just as importantly, I will map the PMI certifications to this ladder.
- For career growth, I will apply Edward Deming’s quality improvement wheel that includes four steps for continuously build your career. Through Plan, Do, Check, and Act, project professionals can continually refresh, examine, and achieve the next stretched goals.
Who Will Benefit? : This presentation is designed for a broad range of participants, from the entry-level to the executives. For example:
- Project Managers
- Project team members
- Business and functional professionals
- Professionals contemplating career transition
- Up and coming project professionals who want to jumpstart their careers
Outcome: At the end of the presentation, participants will:
- Develop a better understanding of career in project management
- Create a project management career roadmap and supercharge your career
Meet the Presenter
Dr. Te Wu (PMP, PgMP, PfMP, PMI-RMP)
Prof. Dr. Te Wu is the CEO of PMO Advisory and a professor at China Europe International Business School and Montclair State University. Te is certified in Portfolio, Program, Project, and Risk Management. He is an active volunteer including serving on PMI’s Portfolio Management and Risk Management Core Teams and other roles. He is also a U.S. delegate on the ISO Technical Committee 258 for Project, Program and Portfolio Management. As a practitioner, executive, teacher, writer, and speaker, Dr. Wu enjoys sharing his knowledge and experiences and networking with other professionals.