Program Management Professional
Program Management is the next logical career step for professional project managers leading larger and more complex initiatives. To some, program management is viewed as the top of the “technical project management” professional ladder. With less than 2,500 certified PgMPs currently in the world, this certification provides a definitive advantage for project professionals seeking growth and recognition.
PgMP Real-Time, Expert-Led Bootcamps starting @ $879!
Program Management Service Directory
Washington DC Sept 19 & 20, 2019
Los Angeles, Jan 13 & 14, 2020
Washington DC Mar 9 & 10, 2020
Chicago May 18 & 19, 2020
Dallas May 26 & 27, 2020
Boston: To Be Announced
Get Updates, Discount Specials, &
Newsletter Announcements on
the PgMP Bootcamp in
your city of interest!
I. PgMP Certification Bootcamp Resources
- Course Description, Objectives, and Key Topics
- Classroom Bootcamp (2 Days)
- Live Virtual (Intelicamp®) (12-14 Hours)
- Application Review
II. DIY – PgMP Preparation Resources
- Pre-Recorded Course
- PgMP Readiness Assessment (Coming Soon)
- Program Management Exam Simulator
- LinkedIn Group for PgMP Support: Achieve PgMP
III. Everything About PgMP Certification
IV. Program Management Institutional Services
V. PgMP Product Comparison
|Resources||Do It Yourself||Pre-Recorded||Live Virtual & Classroom|
|Real Time Sessions||Not Avail||Not Avail||Included|
|Extended Support||Not Avail||Up to 365 Days||Avail|
|PgMP Exam Simulator||DIY version (800+Q)||Includes Full Simulator (1,800+ Questions)|
|Free Resources for Everyone|
|LinkedIn Group. Visit here for a new LinkedIn discussion forum dedicated to PgMP|
|Webinars. Visit www.pmoadvisory.com/webinar for our monthly webinar series, which includes program management related topics.|
Program Management Professional (PgMP) Certification
PgMP Bootcamps are now offered in three formats:
- Classroom (2 Days, earning 14 PDUs)
- Intelicamp – Live Virtual (3 Sessions , earning 12 PDUs)
- Click here to learn more about the advantages of our Intelicamp
- Pre-Recorded (DIY)
Why Us? (Short Version)
- We are striving to maintain a 100% first-time pass rate, by following our Methodology*
- We provide Money-Back Guarantee, for those who abide by our Methodology
- We have comprehensive resources – 700+ slides in the bootcamp workbook, 1800+ questions, job aids, etc.
- We are the one-stop shop for PMI project management certifications
- For more reasons, see Why PMO Advisory? (Long Version).
Short version: “Pass our Exam Simulator in Exam Mode at 85% two consecutive times within 7 days and take the test in 7 days”
- Practice using our Exam Simulator in Flexible Mode
- Once you start to achieve 70%+, start using the Exam Mode when you have four hours. You may also wish to schedule the actual exam. Depending on your schedule, our recommendation is two weeks out.
- Within the next week, practice using the Exam Mode as often as you have time. You know you are ready when are able to achieve 75% or higher.
- Everyone who had achieved 75% or higher in our Exam Simulator in Exam mode two consecutive times within the 7 days and takes the exam within the next 7 days actually never failed the exam.
- But for the Money Back Guarantee to apply, as our “skin is in the game”, the threshold is set at 85%.
The 3 tops reasons to consider obtaining the PgMP Certification are:
- Natural Progression. Program management is a natural progression for experienced project managers. As you lead larger and multiple related projects with moving parts, you are embarking on the road toward program management.
- Competitive Differentiator. The PgMP certification is still rare, – there are only about 2,000+ in the world today, and this is over an 8 year period after the formal introduction of the certification. Certified program management professionals immediately command attention, in your company and at professional events.
- Career Growth. For up and coming project professionals, the shift from managing tactical projects to higher strategic initiatives is a vitally important move. The PgMP certification would further solidify your project management acumen and your readiness to tackle the next level of challenges.
The Program Management Professional (PgMP) certification recognizes demonstrated experience, skill, and performance in the oversight of multiple, related projects that are aligned with organizational objectives. The PgMP certification is designed for those who manage programs that contain complex activities spanning functions, organizations, geographic regions and cultures, who build credibility, establish rapport and maintain communication with stakeholders at multiple levels (including those external to the organization), and who possess advanced skills in finance, cross-cultural awareness, leadership, communication, influence, negotiation and conflict resolution.
PgMP is the next logical step in the career progression of a project manager. As successful project managers tackle increasingly larger and more complex projects, it will be inevitable that they start to manage a collection of these projects in a program. We believe the PgMP certification can help project professionals not only be more secure in their jobs and vocations, but also a step toward the formal recognition of their skills, experiences, capabilities, and importance to their organizations.
The PgMP exam is significantly more challenging than the PMP exam. Here’s why:
- Program managers need to understand project management. For example, in the current standard for program management, the traditional project lifecycle is fully embedded.
- Program managers need to have more advanced understanding of business benefits, which taps into the realm of portfolio management.
- The exam itself is much more experienced based than PMP exam, and this simply memorizing inputs, outputs, tools, and techniques would not suffice.
If you want to join this rather exclusive club of about 3,000 professionals, then PgMP credential is the clear choice.
Program Management Professional (PgMP) Bootcamps
Our PgMP Classroom and Intelicamp courses are real-time, certified expert-led classes delivered in New York City, Northern New Jersey, at client sites, or online via latest web technologies. The course is comprehensive using multi-modal learning including lecture, class discussions, case studies, hands-on exercises (individual and group), and questions and answers. The course content is combined with our consulting war stories, tools, and techniques. We also bundle our large 1,800+ test bank with this course.
The benefits for participants are immense. Not only will the participants learn to pass the exam (which to date our participants are achieving a 100% pass rate on the 1st attempt), they will also learn how to apply the principles, tools, and techniques. Most importantly, assuming you do your share of studying, you will have unlimited access to above for up to a year (depending on the support package) including an one-year FREE attendance to similar PgMP bootcamps.
- Pass the PgMP Exam on the first try (by applying our methodology)
- PgMP Application process, requirements, and PfMP exam outline
- What are Program and what is Program Management
- The interaction between Portfolio Management, Program / Project Management and Organization Strategy
- The Role of the Program Manager and other key roles in Program Management
- The five Program Management Performance Domains and the interactions among them
The target groups for the PgMP Certification are:
- Senior project managers and directors who are leading large and complex organization initiatives
- PMO managers who are managing large projects with the imperative of developing a more program perspective
- Up and coming project professionals who are ready to take reign of larger projects and programs
We also have seen a high number of senior project operational professionals who are involved in leading and operating transformative projects and programs in their organizations.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the steps needed to complete your exam application and meet the required criteria
- Prepare to pass the PMI PgMP certification examination
- Use effective program management tools and techniques
- Identify and implement best practices in program management governance
- Relate program delivery to business / strategic objectives
- Initiate a large-scale program to implement organizational strategy
- Manage, plan, execute and control a successful program consisting of multiple, related projects
- Ensure the realization of project and program benefits
- Effectively manage stakeholder relationships
- Reporting and controlling of programs in an effective manner that utilizes best practice reporting tools
- Analyze methods essential for PgMP exam success
- Align your program management experience with PgMP terminology and definitions
PMO Advisory can also assist with application review for our current customers only. We will assign a PgMP certified professional to work with you. This is a standalone service (with the exception of all-inclusive package). Important: This is a resource-intensive service, and we only offer this as a part of our PgMP Bootcamps. We also had instances in which the English language was problematic. Thus, we reserve the right to reject candidates for this service.
Discounts: We offer a range of discounts, from 20% for Early Birds to special discounts for Veterans, Non-Profits. We even have a “value-exchange” program in which professionals can “barter” their time for a discounted fee. Click here for more information.
PgMP Classroom Bootcamp (2 Days)
- 2 days of real-time, in-person training sessions, divided into multiple sessions. Estimated delivery time is about 14 hours
- Small class size with a maximum of 10 participants
- Full access to online practice exam with over 1,800 questions for up to a year for our course participants ($200 value if purchased separately)
- Exam aids and other course content
- Access to Intelicamp, recorded materials, and additional classes (during the support period)
PgMP Classroom - Base: $1,999
|Extended Support||Purchased with Base*||Purchased Afterwards|
|All Inclusive Package - Extended (365 days) and one Application Review for $3,199|
|30 Days||Base Package (30 days access to simulator and instructor support)|
|Application Review: $250 (1st Review); $150 (Subsequent Review)|
|Classroom Bootcamp (2 Days)||
|Sep 7-8, 2019 (New Jersey)||
|Sep 19-20, 2019 (Washington, DC)||
|Dec 16-17, 2019 (New York City)||
|Jan 13-14, 2020 (Los Angeles)||
PgMP Intelicamp (Live Virtual) Course Description
Our Intelicamps are real-time, certified expert-led classes delivered virtually to a global audience. It consists of highly accelerated, condensed multi-day training materials delivered in three sessions of four hours each. In the PgMP Intelicamp, we bundle the largest PgMP test bank known in existence with over 1,800 questions. We also provide 12 months of support (depending on the support package) in which participants can attend additional sessions completely inclusive.
The course content is combined with our consulting war stories, tools, and techniques. The benefits for participants are immense as they are receiving both real-time instructor-led training combined with the flexibility of on-demand eLearning.
This Intelicamp is a blended virtual learning course that combines the best of real-time, expert-led instructions with recorded sessions, and huge PgMP Exam Simulator.
- 12 hours of real-time, PgMP certified instructor-led sessions via web conference in real-time, divided into 3 sessions of 4 hours each
- Full access to PgMP Exam Simulator with over 1,800 questions
- Access to the recorded sessions
- Latest content on PgMP preparation including war stories
- E-mail support after the sessions
- Additional attendance at future Intelicamp during the support period
PgMP Live Virtual - Base: $1,099
|Extended PgMP Simulator||Purchased with Base*||Purchased Afterwards|
|All Inclusive Package - Extended (365 days) and one Application Review for $1,999|
|30 Days||Base Package (30 days access to simulator and instructor support)|
|Application Review: $250 (1st Review); $150 (Subsequent Review)|
|Intelicamp (Live Virtual) Dates||
|Oct 10, 17, 24, 2019||
|Dec 5, 12, 19, 2019||
This course is a bundled product that includes: 1) A recent recording of our live-virtual bootcamp (about 12 hours of streaming video) and 2) Full PgMP Exam Simulator with over 1,700 practice questions in both Flexible and Exam Mode.
PgMP Recorded Base - Base: $399
|Extended PgMP Simulator||Purchased with Base*||Purchased Afterwards|
|Application Review: $250 (1st Review); $150 (Subsequent Review)|
|30 Days||Base Package (30 days of access to simulator and pre-recorded video)|
Achieve PgMP – A Linkedin Group
We create a community to advance program management. It is still a new group, with about 30 participants. Click here to be a part of something new. Our PgMP instructors regularly monitor and moderate this group.
PgMP 4.0 Exam Simulator
To support program management professionals, PMO Advisory introduced one of the largest test bank of PgMP practice exams with over 1,800 questions in the full test bank. We made 800+ of these questions available to help those who want to “do it yourself”. These questions are based on the Standard for Program Management – 4th Edition.
To get started, simply click on one of the plans below and pay with a credit card so you can gain immediate access. Due to system limitations, you would need to pay for each of the exams separately. Currently, we are offering 2 exam options currently: free and fee-based:
- Sample test in Flexible Mode (for practicing) contains 10 questions pulled from a large test bank. It is a good way to evaluate your readiness.
- Sample test in Exam Mode pulls questions from the same test bank but in a forum that is closer to the actual exam.
- Practice Exam in Flexible Mode ($150) – Unlimited Access for 90 days – 50 questions per instance
- Full Test in Exam Mode (170 questions in 4 hours for $70) – Three attempts only for 10 days access. Important: The Exam Mode is designed for professionals who are “almost ready” for the actual exam and wishes to practice in a simulated exam mode. If you are still studying and practicing, please consider the Flexible mode which has unlimited access for 90 days.
Please note that we have seen cases of suspicious activities pertaining to the use of our exams. If we find such behaviors, we reserve the right to cancel your plan immediately. Thank you for your understanding.
PgMP Readiness Assessment (Coming Soon)
The PgMP Readiness Assessment is designed to evaluate your readiness for the PgMP exam. We are currently working on this service, and we will update this here shortly.
Overview of PgMP Certification:
PgMP certification candidates must meet some advanced requirements to earn the designation. To qualify for the PgMP credential, candidates must have one of the following sets of education and experience:
- A secondary degree (high school diploma, associate degree or global equivalent), with a minimum of four years of project management experience and seven years of program management experience
- A four-year degree (bachelor’s degree or global equivalent), with a minimum of four years of project management experience and four years of program management experience
If a candidate meets one of the above requirements, they can proceed to the next step of the PgMP application process, known as the Panel Review. In this phase, a panel of certified program managers reviews the candidate’s application and performs an assessment of the candidate’s professional experience.
PMI provides detailed information about the application process that candidates can refer to when creating their applications. For more information about the PgMP application process, visit the PgMP page on the PMI website.
Candidates who make it past the Panel Review must then pass the PgMP certification exam.
Program Management Details
The Project Management Institute introduced the PgMP credential in 2007, and it was designed and positioned as “the gold standard”. The market adoption and the rate of certificates awarded were slow at first mainly due to the Multi-Rater Assessment. For example, when our CEO and Founder, Dr. Te Wu, became a Program Management Professional in 2010, there was about 580 certificate holders. But when PMI simplified the process and eliminated the Multi-Rater Assessment in 2012, the rate of adoption has been increasing rapidly. Today, there are over 2,500 certificate holders.
Program management is vitally important. Anecdotal evidence and our consulting experiences repeatedly demonstrated the value of this discipline. Arguably, every organization with a relative intense project environment, program management should be one of the key tools for managing business execution. With the success of strategy implementation hovering at the dismal 10%, adopting program management approach manage=ubg large-scale change can significant move that needle positively.
PMO Advisory’s philosophy is to provide high-quality training. We adopted best-in-class content and enhance them with additional internal development. Our PgMP course provides comprehensive content and eLearning. We then developed a large test bank of over 1,800 questions. We also follow the PMI progress closely as our CEO is a volunteer at global and chapter level. In the recent years, he served on multiple standard committees as core members including Portfolio Management and Risk Management.
PgMP Certification Exam Details
Candidates must take the PgMP certification exam within twelve months of passing the PMI Panel Review phase. The exam consists of 150 multiple-choice questions and lasts four hours. Candidates may not bring any materials into the examination room, but they are provided with either blank paper and pencils or a marker board and markers.
Here is a breakdown of the major knowledge domains covered by the PgMP exam, with an approximate percentage of how many questions are dedicated to each domain:
- Strategic Program Management (15 percent)
- Program Life Cycle (44 percent)
- Benefits Management (11 percent)
- Stakeholder Management (16 percent)
- Governance (14 percent)
Candidates who do not pass the PgMP exam on their first attempt may retake the exam up to two more times in the one-year qualification period. Candidates who do not pass the exam after three attempts must wait twelve months from the last exam attempt before reapplying for the PgMP.
Today, working professionals are busier than ever. Worse, their ability to concentrate for a long period is disrupted by a million things at work and home – making traditional learning less effective for some people. PMO Advisory has developed an “intelligent bootcamp,” or the Intelicamp, to provide an optimal approach to learning. At the heart of it, the Intelicamp is designed to address the five key differences in how professional adults learn. These include:
- Purposeful – Professionals are focused on a particular purpose and outcome
- Experience – By definition experienced, professionals are experienced and knowledgeable. This needs to be considered within the training design and delivery.
- Measurable – Professionals want clear feedback and knowing that they are making progress
- Value of Time – Time is the most precious commodity for professionals. They need trusted sources for Q&A and not waste time researching. They also are busy – making it difficult to carve out a day or multiple days, especially consecutive days, to study.
- Limited Attention Span – To optimize learning, most adults also require multi-modals of learning – a blended learning environment to maximize the effectiveness of learning.
We designed our Intelicamps to address these principles and optimally deliver the boot camp materials. All Intelicamps are focused (e.g., on passing the certification exam) and modular, commonly at three sessions of 4 hours each. We only use highly qualified instructors who are certified experts in their fields. Intelicamp is blended learning, combining the best of expert-led in a live real-time environment to answer questions with eLearning and large practice exams and exam simulators.
Collectively, PMO Advisory has achieved and is sustaining a 100% pass rate on the first attempt across our certification boot camps for those that follow our simple methodology. And the methodology is quite simple: pass our exam simulator at 85% two consecutive times within 7 days and take the actual exam in a week.
For more information, click here for “The Big Read” on how our Intelicamp works.
What is a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P) ?
PMO Advisory is a R.E.P. #4172. PMI R.E.P.s are organizations that are approved by the Project Management Institute to offer training in project management and issue professional development units (PDUs) to meet the continuing education requirements needed by PMI credential holders. To earn the R.E.P. designation, a provider must meet or exceed rigorous standards for quality and effectiveness as defined by PMI. When it comes to Portfolio, Program, or Project Management training it’s sensible and prudent to make sure the training firm is a PMI R.E.P. There is a difference!
|Factors Differentiating Project Management Training||REP||Non REP|
|Demonstrated alignment with PMI, the world’s largest project management membership association.||Yes||No|
|Pre-approved by PMI to offer PDUs. Certification holder PDU claims are automatically expedited for processing.||Yes||No|
|Qualifications are verified before acceptance and every three years thereafter through PMI’s quality review process.||Yes||No|
|Every project management course registered with PMI must be reviewed by an appropriate and valid PMI credential holder.||Yes||No|
|Verified focus of courses and learning outcomes.||Yes||No|
|Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification prep courses must be taught by valid PMP certification holders.||Yes||No|
|Instructors must be current in learning methods and must continuously enhance their skills.||Yes||No|
|Courses must be current and aligned to the latest PMI Global Standards.||Yes||No|
|Verified mechanism in place for students to provide feedback on courses to the organization and PMI.||Yes||No|
|Demonstrated continuous improvement of courses based on student feedback.||Yes||No|
|Continuous quality improvement process and procedures demonstrated throughout the organization.||Yes||No|
What makes PMO Advisory the best choice for your Project Management Training and/or Consulting needs?
First of all the company is founded by Dr. Te Wu who holds the following PMI certifications: PfMP®, PgMP, PMP®, and PMI-RMP® credentials and is an assistant professor at Montclair State University and a visiting professor at China European International Business School (CEIBS). Te founded PMO Advisory LLC, a management training and consulting firm that specializes in strategic business execution including portfolio, program, and project management. Hence the foundation of PMO Advisory is rooted in project management expertise coupled with educational attainment. We are uniquely capable as we serve the full spectrum of project management (portfolio, program, and project management) and leverage that in our consulting and advisory services.
We’re experienced professionals. We speak human. We don’t clutter our communication with consultant-speak designed to make frameworks more difficult to understand than they or your issues are. We prefer to keep our language and our solutions friendly, simple and effective. You’re not just hiring another training or consulting firm, you’re partnering with experienced professionals who will not only meet, but exceed, your expectations. We provide effective education that is grounded in years of successful application, not opinion or personal preference. We focus on what makes our clients successful.
We care about your success. YES, we really do! We don’t just get to know you or your business, we take a sincere interest and genuinely want to help you and or your business realize lofty goals. We want to know all about your vision for your career and/or company. We personally invest ourselves in each trainee and every project we work on. Our programs will provide you and your business with a clear road map to success.
We’ve done our homework. We’re extremely knowledgeable about serving busy people with busy lives and training trends. We embrace contemporary learning initiatives because we’ve seen first-hand the fantastic results that they produce. Whether you’re looking for a hybrid training of online and in-person / in classroom; whether organizational training or executive coaching or leadership training, you can be sure PMO Advisory is educated on a variety of solutions to meet your needs.
We are committed to quality. We don’t settle for anything but the best, and neither should you when it comes to training. We’ve worked hard to find the best ways to provide our clients with affordable project management training programs and reasonable scheduling options without sacrificing the quality of our services.
We’re flexible, agile and cost-effective. Because we are a small firm, we’re also responsive, flexible and agile. We adapt as your needs change, with a speed, efficiency and cost-effectiveness that larger firms just can’t match. PMO Advisory does more than just deliver our project management training and management programs to you. We also make sure that the resources in your organization who will be implementing the programs know exactly how they work, why they work and how to help them evolve. We will make sure you’re set up for success before our work is done!
Our client satisfaction commitment. A positive client service experience which meets (and ideally exceeds) your expectations is the goal behind all of our business interactions. Continually improving our service experience is the cornerstone of our operations. Measurement and feedback are critical to achieving these goals. We continually collect client feedback — formal and informal; both good and not-so-good — and share it across the company. When the feedback is good, our employees are motivated to repeat and improve on their performance.
Program Management Onsite & Custom Solution for Institutional Clients
For our business and institutional clients, we offer onsite training at the client location. The course can be customized between 2 to 5 days. Two days are generally designed as accelerated instructions for experienced professionals, and five day courses offer more time for exercises. Our general recommendation is 3 or 4 days.
- Three Day – This is an accelerated program designed for experienced project management professionals. If your organization has strong program managers who have limited time, this is the most effective course.
- Four Days – This is the best course for most organization, and it is usually our recommendation. Beyond the Three Day, which is very fast paced, this course provides more time for reviewing key concepts, practicing sample tests and conducting Q&A.
- Five Days – This is an extended course for organizations and professionals who wish to spend more time on tools, techniques, and templates. This course is more than just passing the exam.
All the programs includes the following:
- Free attendance at any of our public courses – classroom or live virtual
- Full access to online PgMP practice exam for up to a year for our course participants ($200 value if purchased separately)
- Latest content on certification preparation including latest war stories from people who has passed the exam
- Free exam aids and other course content
- Most importantly, assuming you do your share of studying, you will have unlimited access to above for up to a year.
As a discipline, project management is both “deep” and “broad”. It is deep because project execution is managed at a detailed level; this means effective project managers must go beyond the knowledge in PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition and the other standards. Project management is also broad because it is a “meta-discipline” covering many areas of management including leadership, organizational behavior, organization change, to name just a few. PMO Advisory can customize a longer program for organizations that seek to substantially improve their project, program, and portfolio management acumen.
PMO Advisory is one of the few firms that can offer training in Organizational Project Management spanning across project, program, portfolio, risk, agile, and Project Management Office. Please contact us with your detailed requirements and let us astonish you with what we can provide.
Our Philosophy and Values
PMO Advisory is a PMI® Registered Education Provider (R.E.P. #4172) and proud to be one the very few PMI® registered firms able to offer PfMP, PgMP, PMP, and PMI-RMP Certification Training. We make tremendous effort to understand our clients, their needs and interest and align our products and services accordingly. Because we are a small firm we’re agile, responsive, and will adapt our training programs as your needs change with a speed larger firms just can’t match. We’re committed to getting individuals, small teams, and organizations professionally trained and transformed in line with set goals. You are guaranteed a positive client service experience which meets (and ideally exceeds) your expectations, this is our goal behind all of our business interactions. Specifically, we promise to:
- Focus on the benefit of the training as it relates to each customer’s individual needs.
- Be responsible and accountable for each customer’s success.
- Always act with integrity and dignity when dealing with customers, vendors, and employees.
- Always EXCEED the client’s expectations.