PM-Insider NewsletterReleased: February 2023
This February: Let’s put all the planning in to action
This February PMO Advisory’s goal is to provide professionals with the opportunity to network with other project management professionals and gain insights and best practices from experienced project managers
Starting this February, you can Pre-Register for the Portfolio Management Summit for $49
As the demand for project management skills continues to rise, more aspiring professionals are turning to virtual events to gain the expertise needed in the field. One such event is a the new Portfolio Management Summit scheduled for June 2023.
Here’s how you could benefit from the event:
Project portfolio management (PPM) events can be an important source of knowledge, inspiration, and networking opportunities for professionals involved in PPM. Here are a few ways in which PPM events can be important:
- Learn about best practices and trends: PPM events often feature presentations from industry experts and practitioners who can provide insights into the latest best practices and trends in PPM. These events can help professionals stay up to date on the latest developments in the field.
- Network with other professionals: PPM events provide an opportunity for professionals to connect with and learn from their peers in the industry. These events can be a great place to establish new professional relationships and to learn from the experiences of others.
- Access to resources: Many PPM events provide attendees with access to valuable resources, such as whitepapers, case studies, and webinars, that can help professionals stay up to date on the latest developments in the field.
- Professional Development: Attending PPM events can help professionals develop new skills and knowledge that will be useful in their current job or for future opportunities.
- Vendor Showcase: PPM events can also be a great place for professionals to learn about new tools, software and services that can help them with their PPM practices.
Overall, PPM events can be an important source of knowledge, inspiration, and networking opportunities for professionals involved in PPM, and can help them stay up-to-date with the industry and improve their own professional development.
Upcoming: March 2023 – CAPM Certification Training
The Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) is a certification offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI) that is designed for individuals who are new to project management or those who are looking to gain a basic understanding of the field. The CAPM certification training covers the fundamental knowledge and skills needed to be an effective project team member, including project integration, scope, schedule, cost, quality, resource, and communications management.
Get the Portfolio Management Summit Pre-Registration Price for $49!
As the inaugural event, the theme of this summit is “Making Project Portfolio Management Work: Current and Emerging Practices”. The main focus will be on sharing good practices, currently being implemented by portfolio management professionals around the world. In addition to gaining new insights, each of the sessions will also provide practical tips and tools to aid in the implementation of these concepts.
We are currently under discussion with potential speakers and expert. Please visit here regularly for updates.
You can still join our DEI Mini-Study here
In case you missed it:
Watch: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in Project Management
The concept and drive toward Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) has now embedded in the public consciousness, at least with the enlightened professionals. The necessity for awareness and attention to equality and rights development around the world is a foundational human right. DEI is a set of terms used mainly in the workplace to guide policies and programs, to inform leadership and employees on equal representation, compensation and opportunity regardless of race, creed, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, personality, geographical location and an array of characteristic differences. Read more here.
Return of In Person Classes
As the fear of pandemic subsides, we are planning to offer two classroom courses in 2023 at our new office in Northern New Jersey. The first course in June will be for the Portfolio Management Porfessional (PfMP) followed by the Program Management Professional (PgMP) in September.
* Both classes will be two days located at our new facility at 25 Pompton Ave, Suite 101, Verona, NJ 07044.
Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP)
Apr 14, 21, 28, 2023 (1:00 PM to 5:00 PM ET) <- Live Virtual
June 2, 9, 16, 2023 (1:00 PM to 5:00 PM ET) <- Live Virtual
June 26-27, 2023 (9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET) <- Classroom* (see location above)
Program Management Professional (PgMP) – Live Virtual
Mar 22, 29 & Apr 5, 2023 (6:00 PM – 10:00 PM ET) <- Live Virtual
May 10, 17 & 24, 2023 (1:00 PM – 5:00 PM ET) <- Live Virtual
Sep 25-26, 2023 (9:00 AM – 5:00 PM ET) <- Classroom* (see location above)
Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
3/27, 3/29, 3/31, 4/3, 4/5, 4/7, 4/10, 4/12, 4/14/23, 2023: 7:00 PM- 10:00 PM E.T.
5/29, 5/31, 6/2, 6/5, 6/7, 6/9, 6/12, 6/14, 6/16, 2023: 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM E.T.
10/2, 10/4, 10/6, 10/9, 10/11, 10/13, 10/16, 10/18, 10/20/2023: 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM E.T.
Agile Certified Professional (PMI-ACP) – Live Virtual
Apr 6, 13, 20, 2023 (6:00 PM -10:00 PM ET)
Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP) – Live Virtual
Apr 4, 11, 18, 2023 (6:00 PM – 10:00 PM ET)
Special Lunar New Year Discount
To celebrate the Lunar New Year, we are offering a special discount of 10% off any of our courses in 2023 by using Coupon Code “LunarNewYears10” valid until end of February 2023.
Stay in the loop and join our YouTube Community!
Be part of our project management community in YouTube and gain access to some of our popular videos.