Send us your email and we’ll send you an invite and instructions for this free live webinar. Sign Up Below.
“5 Steps to Advance Your Project Management Career and Achieving Your New Year’s Resolution”
Summary: Are you like me and millions of others who ponder during the holidays how to best reinvent ourselves? For example, is it time to transition from your current career to one that offers more opportunities? Or have you been eyeing a certification that just did not have time to pursue it? How about learning something new, trying a new activity, or just exploring ways to advance your current career?
In this webinar, we will propose our 5 Steps process to make and keep your goals. Using project management as a backdrop, we will suggest important and proven ways in which you can advance your goals – whether it is to learn new skills, experiment with responsibilities, or earning new credentials.
Description: This webinar is created for business professionals, especially project management professionals, who are exploring ways to expand their skills, credibility, and marketability in the coming year. The presentation will highlight the current trends in project management and describe the following five steps to advance one’s career:
- Focus – Pick one maybe two things you wish to work on in this year. Make sure the goal is “stretched” but not impossible.
- Plan – Create a reasonable plan that accounts for potential problems. What are the few things you need to achieve the goals?
- Engage – Engage to start working toward the goals right away or within a few days. Do not delay. Procrastination is perhaps the single biggest enemy of achieving your goals.
- Adapt – Few goals can be achieved without some changes. Thus, it’s important to monitor progress and adapt to the changing situations.
- Celebrate – Reward yourself not only when the goal is reached, but also along the way as you make progress.
These five steps are mapped to suggested goals, such as obtaining a new certification.
Why Attend?: To help projects professionals maximize the likelihood of achieving their new year resolution and advance their career.
Who Will Benefit?: All project professionals who are looking to make advancements in this new year.
Outcome: At the end of this webinar, participants should be able to:
- Articulate growth opportunities in project management
- Apply the five step process to achieve their new year resolution
Meet the Presenter
Dr. Te Wu
(PMP, PgMP, PfMP, PMI-RMP)
- Found and built PMO Advisor into a leading project management training (PMI Global R.E.P.) and consultancy
- Professorship at multiple global universities including China-European Business School and Montclair State University. Also on the Project Management Advisory Board at Stevens Institute of Technology
- Served/serving on two PMI Global Standard Committees: The Standard for Portfolio Management – Fourth Editionand The Standard for Risk Management in Portfolios, Programs, and Projects
- Serving as a U.S. delegate on the International Standard Organization’s Technical Committee 258 for project, program, and portfolio management
- International speaker including many PMI Chapters around the world, PMI®EMEA Congress, PMI China Congress, and most recently across multiple cities in China at the invitation of China’s State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs