PMIAA is now the law of the land!
1. What is the Program Management Improvement Accountability Act (PMIAA)?
- PMIAA is a new law designed to improve U.S. federal government project, program, and portfolio management.
2. What are the impacts of PMIAA?
- PMI studies show that about 64% of government initiatives fail to achieve its intent and about 10% of project expense is wasted or inefficiently utilized.
- PMIAA will impact federal projects and acquisitions immediately with the goal of improving project and program management across the federal landscape.
- Perhaps more importantly, federal legislations often serve as a template for all branches of government, e.g. military, state, municipal, and even foreign government. The impact of PMIAA is far reaching.
3. Why is this important?
- For individuals, this law represent expanding job opportunities first in the U.S. federal workforce. PMI certifications, such as PMP, will be even more common. For active PMPs, which there are about 730,000 worldwide, the need for differentiation through advanced certifications like PgMP (Program) and PfMP (Portfolio) is becoming more urgent.
4. How can PMO Advisory help YOU?
- We are a PMI Global Registered Education Provider (R.E.P. #4172).
- One of the very few firms in the world offering the full spectrum of Portfolio, Program, Project, Risk Management training focused on helping institutions and individuals.
- We are authoritative as our trainers are experienced and certified. Our CEO is an award winning project manager, a researcher, a professor, a writer, and a frequent speaker at PMI Symposia.
About PMO Advisory LLC
PMO Advisory is one of the most specialized project management training and consulting firm in the world. As a PMI Global R.E.P. with a strong commitment to education and advancing careers, we provide training in most PMI certifications plus courses in Project Management Office (PMO) and Strategic Business Execution (SBE). Our support programs are exemplary and setting a new bar for the industry.
For more information including signing-up for our newsletter, go to www.pmoadvisory.com. You can also click here to view our course calendar. Please e-mail us at email@example.com with questions or call us at 844-PMO-CERT. Click here to view this newsletter online.
PMI, PfMP, PgMP, PMP, CAPM, PMI-RMP, PMI-PBA, PMI-ACP, PMI-SP, and PMI R.E.P are registered marks of Project Management Institute, Inc