PMI-RMP® (Risk Management Professional) Certification
The Project Management Institute (PMI®) is best known for its Project Management Professional (PMP®) credential, but PMI® also offers the PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP®) for governance, risk and compliance professionals. This PMI-RMP® certification recognizes the professional’s unique expertise and competency in assessing and identifying project risks, mitigating threats and capitalizing on opportunities, while still possessing a core knowledge and practical application in all areas of project management.
This course provides participants with a solid foundation to pass the PMI-RMP® exam. During class, participants will be introduced to key project risk management concepts and practices with sample exam questions. Participants will also engage in relevant discussions focusing on project risk management topics and best practices to enhance the learning experience and prepare for the exam. To receive the PMI-RMP® certification you must pass the PMI® Risk exam that focuses on the following domains:
- Domain 1: Risk Strategy and Planning
- Domain 2: Stakeholder Engagement
- Domain 3: Risk Process Facilitation
- Domain 4: Risk Monitoring and Reporting
- Domain 5: Perform Specialized Risk Analyses
Upon obtaining the PMI-RMP® certification you will find yourself highly marketable for positions in Project Management for a variety of organizations, especially Fortune 500 organizations and government entities due to the complexity of the content covered in this level of risk management.
In this boot camp style course, you will receive a comprehensive introduction to project risk and cover the five primary PMI-RMP® exam objectives.
- Risk and Strategy Planning – activities related to developing policies, processes, and procedures for risk assessment, planning, and response
- Stakeholder Engagement – activities related to promoting the understanding of project risk management for stakeholders and project team members, assessing stakeholder risk tolerance, prioritizing project risk, and promoting risk ownership
- Risk Process Facilitation – activities related to facilitating risk identification, evaluation, prioritization, and response among project team members
- Risk Monitoring and Reporting – activities related to monitoring risk, evaluating risk response against established metrics, and communicating risk response performance to stakeholders and project teams
- Perform Specialized Risk Activities – activities related to the specialized quantitative and qualitative tools and techniques used by project risk management professionals
- Tips, tricks and techniques for passing the PMI-RMP® exam
The Course Covers
- Introduction to Risk Management
- Risk Planning
- Risk Identification
- Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Risk Response Planning
- Risk Monitor & Control
Who will benefit from the course?
If you are looking to fill the risk management specialist role on your project team and if you are looking for a course that will add value to your PM skills and showcase your specialized expertise to employers, the PMI-RMP® credential is for you.
- CEOs, CFOs, COOs, VPs, AVPs, GMs, DGMs
- Procurement Professionals, Information & Information Security Professionals, Project Management Professionals
- Team Leaders / Members, Field Staff Members, Design Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, Software Developers
- Quality & Testing Engineers, Sales & Marketing professionals
- Program Managers, Portfolio Managers, Project Engineers
- Venture Capitalists, Bankers, Financial Analysts, Accountants
- Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree, or the global equivalent)
- 4,500 hours of project risk management experience
- 40 hours of project risk management education
- Four-year degree (bachelor’s degree or the global equivalent)
- 3,000 hours of project risk management experience
- 30 hours of project risk management education
PMI-RMP® Exam Information
- Duration of Exam : 3.5 Hours
- Number of Questions: 170 (Multiple Choice). Out of 170 questions, 20 questions are unscored pre-test questions.
- Passing score : PMI® don’t give percentage instead there is a grade system (Proficient, Moderate Proficient and Below Proficient) only below Proficient is Fail
Exam Description & Objectives
|RMP® Exam Blueprint (From the Examination Content Outline)|
|Domain||Percentage of Questions|
|Domain 1—Risk Strategy and Planning (5 tasks)||19-20%|
|Domain 2—Stakeholder Engagement (9 tasks)||19-20%|
|Domain 3—Risk Process Facilitation (7 tasks)||25-28%|
|Domain 4—Risk Monitoring and Reporting (7 tasks)||19-20%|
|Domain 5—Perform Specialized Risk Analyses (3 tasks)||14-16%|
Our Philosophy and Values
PMO Advisory is a PMI® Registered Education Provider (R.E.P. #4172) and proud to be one the very few PMI® registered firms able to offer Portfolio (PfMP®), Program (PgMP®), Project (PMP®), and Risk (PMI-RMP®) Management Certification Training. We make tremendous effort to understand our clients, their needs and interest and align our products and services accordingly. Because we are a small firm we’re agile, responsive, and will adapt our training programs as your needs change with a speed larger firms just can’t match. We’re committed to getting individuals, small teams, and organizations professionally trained and transformed in line with set goals. You are guaranteed a positive client service experience which meets (and ideally exceeds) your expectations, this is our goal behind all of our business interactions. Specifically we promise to:
1. Focus on the benefit of the training as it relates to each customer’s individual needs.
2. Be responsible and accountable for each customer’s success.
3. Always act with integrity and dignity when dealing with customers, vendors and employees.
4. Always EXCEED the client’s expectations.
Te Wu, Founder & CEO
2 Full Days, PMI-RMP Certification Course
The program includes the following:
Two days of real-time, in person training sessions, divided into multiple sessions. Estimated delivery time is about 16 hours
13 hours of high quality expert-led training video with examples and case studies
180 days of online access
4 simulation exams plus chapter end quizzes
Free exam aids and other course content
Earn 32 PDUs (Professional Development Units)
Most importantly, assuming you do your share of studying, you will have unlimited access to above for up to a year including an one-year FREE attendance to the PMI-RMP Intelicamp.
PMI, PfMP, PgMP, PMP, CAPM, PMI-RMP, PMI-PBA, PMI-ACP, PMI-SP, and PMI R.E.P are registered marks of Project Management Institute, Inc.
Our Next PMI-RMP® Certification Training Course
October 9 & 10, 2017
466 Pompton Ave. Unit 4, Cedar Grove, NJ, USA
(20 Miles Outside of Manhattan (NYC)
What makes PMO Advisory the best choice for your Project Management Training and/or Consulting needs? First of all the company is founded by Te Wu who holds the following PMI certifications; PfMP, PgMP, PMP, and PMI-RMP (Portfolio, Program, Project and Risk Management, Professional), and is an assistant professor at Montclair State University, and a visiting/adjunct professor at New York University, Stevens Institute of Technology, and Touro Graduate School of Business. Te founded PMO Advisory LLC, a management training and consulting firm that specializes in strategic business execution including portfolio, program, and project management. Hence the foundation of PMO Advisory is rooted in project management expertise coupled with educational attainment. We are uniquely capable as we serve the full spectrum of project management (portfolio, program, and project management) and leverage that in our consulting and advisory services.
We’re experienced professionals. We speak human. We don’t clutter our communication with consultant-speak designed to make frameworks more difficult to understand than they or your issues are. We prefer to keep our language and our solutions friendly, simple and effective. You’re not just hiring another training or consulting firm, you’re partnering with experienced professionals who will not only meet, but exceed, your expectations. We provide effective education that is grounded in years of successful application, not opinion or personal preference. We focus on what makes our clients successful.
We care about your success. YES, we really do! We don’t just get to know you or your business, we take a sincere interest and genuinely want to help you and or your business realize lofty goals. We want to know all about your vision for your career and/or company. We personally invest ourselves in each trainee and every project we work on. Our programs will provide you and your business with a clear road map to success.
We’ve done our homework. We’re extremely knowledgeable about serving busy people with busy lives and training trends. We embrace contemporary learning initiatives because we’ve seen first-hand the fantastic results that they produce. Whether you’re looking for a hybrid training of online and in-person / in classroom; whether organizational training or executive coaching or leadership training, you can be sure PMO Advisory is educated on a variety of solutions to meet your needs.
We are committed to quality. We don’t settle for anything but the best, and neither should you when it comes to training. We’ve worked hard to find the best ways to provide our clients with affordable project management training programs and reasonable scheduling options without sacrificing the quality of our services.
We’re flexible, agile and cost-effective. Because we are a small firm, we’re also responsive, flexible and agile. We adapt as your needs change, with a speed, efficiency and cost-effectiveness that larger firms just can’t match. PMO Advisory does more than just deliver our project management training and management programs to you. We also make sure that the resources in your organization who will be implementing the programs know exactly how they work, why they work and how to help them evolve. We will make sure you’re set up for success before our work is done!
Our client satisfaction commitment. A positive client service experience which meets (and ideally exceeds) your expectations is the goal behind all of our business interactions. Continually improving our service experience is the cornerstone of our operations. Measurement and feedback are critical to achieving these goals. We continually collect client feedback — formal and informal; both good and not-so-good — and share it across the company. When the feedback is good, our employees are motivated to repeat and improve on their performance.